Saturday, September 08, 2007

Games Convention Asia 2007

Nintendo @ GCA 2007 Card game with DS Game characters acting moody Boy playing Wii
Another Blizzard maiden Sony swags, for sale Mikoishi's booth Warcraft
Crysis Dropcast by Mikoishi Studios for NDS Official Wii Staff Lone Wolf by Ksatria Gameworks

For the last two days, I was at the Games Convention Asia 2007 (link the my set of picts on Flickr is here). This was suppose to be the E3 of South East Asia with focus on a conference on games development and business, and also an exhibition for the public showcasing new games. Some of the sessions in the conference were excellent. I was most impressed by the keynote given by Alexander Fernandez from Streamline Studios. His speech was inspiring and, if you're a game developer, you'll be certainly stirred by his short but evocative speech.

The showfloor, however, leaves quite a bit to be desired. Not a lot of games were shown. Particularly, I was looking out for the big titles such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero III, but they were missing. Also, Microsoft and Atari, both of whom are present in Singapore, were not even around. However, I would say that it was still a good start and hopefully, future GCA will attract even more developers and publishers to showcase their new games. I'll skip the negativity and highlight some of the good stuff I liked about the show:

No comments: