Saturday, May 08, 2010

Review: Spider-Man: Blue

Spider-Man: Blue Spider-Man: Blue by Jeph Loeb


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy story has always been my fave tragic love story in comics. There's just something about the tragedy that moved me. Spider-Man: Blue is a retelling of that tragic story, but one that does not goes into the specifics of what happened. Instead, it focuses on Parker's reminiscing how he got together with the love of his life, and the other one whom he eventually married. The storytelling, together with the bold colourful art style, comes together to form a bittersweet tale that is beautiful and sad. By the time I reached the final pages, I am not ashamed to say that tears were welling up in my eyes. Lovely, brilliant, read it.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: