Monday, August 14, 2017

Random musings

This is a sunny day. Surely, the sun shines as it never shines. Compared to yesterday, the sun is certainly out in its full glory. The heat hangs in the atmosphere, thick as pea-souper, just that it's invisible. Walking along the street is a chore. Some people like the heat, but I prefer to stay frosty in the confines of my room.

Inside, it's cool. Cold, if you are not the icy kind. It's a comfortable kind of cold if you ask me.

The Spotify radio is playing tunes from a playlist called 'Life Sucks'. Life sucks at times, but not now. Now I'm just chilling in the cool air-conditioned air of a HDB room. Safe from the heat, protected from the sun. Closing my eyes, the songs about heartbreak and misery floats in the air. I'm content. Life sucks, but not now. For that hour before the sun sets, I'm just content.

No comments: