Friday, March 30, 2007

Odds on Fergie successor

I am a Manchester United fan. I've supported them since I started paying attention to football. With Alex Ferguson as the gaffer for the team, we're in great form these days and are still on the way to, perhaps a treble? Anyway, I saw this article on Guardian UK saying that former Man-Yoo striker Mark Hughes is keen to succeed Fergie. What caught my fancy is actually the odds of who will be succeeding the current gaffer when he retires. The odds are provided by William Hill and is as follows:

Odds on the succession

6-1 Mark Hughes, Martin O'Neill

7-1 Roy Keane

8-1 Carlos Queiroz

16-1 Jose Mourinho, Marcello Lippi

20-1 Guus Hiddink, Sam Allardyce, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Sven-Goran Eriksson

25-1 David Moyes

33-1 Fabio Capello, Steve McClaren, Gordon Strachan

66-1 Bryan Robson, Paul Ince, Steve Bruce

100-1
Darren Ferguson

I just find it funny that Mourinho is even on the list.

1 comment:

zeenie said...

No Benitez? LOL