Thursday, June 14, 2007

Razer Boomslang making a comeback

Razer Boomslang collecters edition
Until my recent switch to the Razer Copperhead mouse, my weapon of choice has been the Razer Boomslang. This is one of the first mouse made specifically for gamers. I absolutely love this mouse for its precision, weight, and overall feel of it. I'm not a pro gamer but playing FPS with this makes me feels like one. Over the years, I have found that it has actually become a collector's item. Anyway, I've one gripe with this mouse - the ball. This mouse is the product of a time when optical mice were still not as common, hence, I need to clean the "ball" of the mouse every so often.

After I bought the Copperhead, I retired the Boomslang, but I'm glad to say that it gave me plenty of joy over my years of use. It was therefore with great excitement that I found out that Razer is gonna release a collector's edition of the Boomslang. The revamped Boomslang will be optical can glow like the recent Razer mice. Too bad it's going to be only limited to 10,000 units. Don't know if I'll be getting one, or even if I can get my hands on it, but I'm certainly glad to hear that Razer does look back to its roots.

No comments: