Monday, April 11, 2005

Clothing for the Treo

Clothing for the Treo

My quest for something to protect my Treo 650 has led me to these two options here-the Boxwave Silicone Skin and the egrips. The best option is to have a case that both protects and won't add too much bulk to the phone. The Silicone Skin (pict left) protects quite well but adds a little bulk. Plus it picks up lint from my pants after a while. I was quite satisfied with this case until I began to dislike the feel of the case with lint. After some looking around, I found the egrips. It's not so much a case than something that allows you to have good grip of your device. After using it for a while, I am happy to say that I like it. Although it doesn't fully protect the Treo, it gives me good grip on the phone with its grippy qualities. Since this will help prevent slipping and sliding, it gives me the assurance that as long as I am careful, I won't drop it. Since it is a stick on, I hope it will last. Am I still looking for other options? Maybe the magnesium Innopocket hard case can be a contender. For now, I'm a happy guppy with egrips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm looking for the egrips for my treo too. Where did you find them?

Gremlin said...

You can buy it online from egrips, or if you're in Singapore, email the folks at First Innovation Asia (http://fia.com.sg/). AFAIK, they are also starting to distribute to stores.