Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Timbuk2 Blogger bag

Timbuk2 Blogger front
For my birthday, my wife bought me this wonderful Timbuk2 Blogger bag. It's a laptop bag for the blogging generation. For a long time, I've wanted a bag for my notebook but I've not found a bag that I like. So for the most part, I've used a sleeve and dump the notebook into my Crumpler.

But ever since I've found Timbuk2, I've grown to like it and would really want to get one of these hardy and versatile bag. When I saw the Blogger, I knew that I needed to give it a try. Since it's a vertical bag, I need to get used to the different orientation of the bag. Still, it's a change from most bags, which are carried horizontally.

The laptop compartment inside this bag is spacious. In fact, with my 12" Powerbook in the compartment, there's still plenty of space left. Maybe with a 15", the fitting will be better. When my company issues me with a 13" Fujitsu, I'll be able to try if the fit is better. Fitting aside, the compartment is padded and covered with corduroy material. No worries that your laptop will get any scratches. There's also a small MP3 compartment on the inside of the bag, again, it is lined with corduroy material to protect your music player.

Another good thing about this bag is the number of slots for you to place your stuff. There are slots for pen, phone, card, and even an attachment for your keys. Only thing missing is a place for a water bottle, but I suppose that can be placed in the bag itself (provided there's no spillage).

I'm looking forward to use this great looking bag. In fact, my obsession with Timbuk2 has led me to place an order for a standard medium size messenger bag from them. I'll post up pictures when I get my bag.

Check out a photoset of this bag on my Flickr account.

No comments: