Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Rewrite of Padme-Anakin love scene

Disappointed in the sappy lovey dialogue between Padme and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith? Do your own version then! In fact Cinematical did just that and has a contest asking for submissions to rewrite the scene. Here's the winning script... still quite sappy though, but for goodness sake, it's after all a love scene!
INT. CORUSCANT-PADME'S APARTMENT-TWILIGHT

PADME stands in the balcony brushing her hair. ANAKIN leans against
the wall, watching her lovingly.

PADME
---and I want to have our baby on Naboo, where our family can live in
peace. Why are you staring?

ANAKIN
I'm making up for lost time. Those unbearably long days protecting
the Outer Rim---I missed you.

PADME
And? Do I look different?

ANAKIN
(protesting)
Oh, no, Senator. You're too good with words. I'm a Jedi---I know
when I'm walking into a trap.

PADME
Serves you right for falling in love with a politician.

Anakin shakes his head in disbelief.

ANAKIN
Who would believe it? You're a Senator and I'm---

He falters.

PADME
What? Annie?

ANAKIN
(serious)
I'm yours.

PADME
Mine? You're not worried about enslaving yourself to a public
servant, my Jedi knight?

ANAKIN
It's only to you, Padme. Only to you.

END SCENE

No comments: