Thursday, May 19, 2005

Protection for my Powerbook

Although I don't carry my Powerbook around that often, it's nice o know that you have a case to protect it when you do. Unlike if you buy Windows notebook, where they tend to throw in some sort of case, Apple doesn't do that, at least not for me. So, I'll have to search around for a case.

Since I don't want a typical laptop bag, and I already have a Crumpler messenger bag, I decided to go with a sleeve-type case where I can slip in the PB, and then put in in my bag. After some research and scounting around, I narrowed down to two choices. First is the Zero Shock shown here. What's so special about this case is that it is made of polyurethane and apparently will absorb shocks. When you press down on it, it will become deformed before slowly reforming back to it's original shape. It's quite a cool idea and the case also has a wireframe at the sides.

The other case I considered is the STM glove case made of neoprene. After considering the final size of the case with the PB fitted inside, I decided to go with the latter as it seems to give me the smallest form factor. So, I decided to plonk down my money for it.



The PB fits nicely into it, but you do need to pull the sides when you place the PB in such that the edges of the PB are covered by the material under the zipper.



Quite satisfied with the case, and I actually can't wait to actually try it out. To bad I don't carry my PB out that often. As for the Zero Shock case, I'm still pretty intrigued by it. Maybe I'll give it a try another time.

Image

No comments: