Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Twins? Not those twins!

Something silly happened when I bought my copy of the soundtrack to Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, which comes with a free DVD of 70 mins worth of Star Wars scenes set to the soundtrack, MTV-styled. The sticker on the CD cover said that there will be a free pull-out poster free. So when the salesperson gave me a poster, I thought to myself, "Hey, that's pretty cool." Since I didn't expect to get the poster anyway, it also came as a surprise.

I didn't open the poster when I got it. When I was ready to open it, I saw a handwritten "TWINS" scribbled on the corner of the poster, as seen in the picture below. The picture's a bit blur, but trust me, it's the word "TWINS".


Well, knowing that the poster came with my Star Wars CD, I was thinking that maybe the "TWINS" it was referring to was the famous twins in Star Wars. Every Star Wars geek would know who the twins were... Luke and Leia, if you still can't figure it out. Hence, in my blissful ignorant state, I was thinking that I am getting a poster of Luke and Leia, something like the picture shown below.


To my surprise, and horror, when I opened the poster, it was not a picture of Luke and Leia. It was the Chinese pop duo called Twins from Taiwan (I think, as I'm no expert on Mando-pop and its variants)!


Well, you can imagine my disappointment. When I open up the CD, it seems that the free poster is on the flip side of the liner notes. Since, I'm too lazy to go back to the CD shop to complain, guess I'll just have to laugh it off as a silly thing that happened to me. Although, I'd say that the Twins on the posters are not too shabby, but they were just not what I wanted.

Anyone wants a free poster of two attractive ladies?

No comments: